We are fortunate to have four seasons.
- Summer (mid-June - mid-September)
- Warm (sometimes hot) days and cool nights are the norm from mid-June through mid-September.
- Fall (mid-September - November)
- Comfortable warm weather through September and crisp cool weather into November make fall an excellent time to explore South Dakota.
- Winter (December - early March)
- While temperatures can be cold, cold spells usually alternate with milder weather. Snowfall is prevalent-providing excellent conditions for winter sports.
- Spring (late March - mid-June)
- Mostly sunny days, but this can be the rainy season. Spring snow showers are a possibility through early May. Temperatures can range from the 40s (4°C) to the 80s (27°C).