Black Hills Vacations > Knowledge base> Category: General Questions
Category: General Questions
12 Articles
Orange arrow What time are the Deadwood shootouts? What is the cost?

  Experience the historically accurate reenactments of Deadwood’s unusual gunfights. The affrays take place during the summer months (May 22nd – Sept. 21st) in Deadwood's Historic Main Street. The shootouts occur three (3) times a day, six (6) days a week, no killin' on Sundays. When the ...
Orange arrow Can someone fix the camera on main street Deadwood?

  Deadwood Visitor Services maintains the Webcams on Main St in Deadwood. Their phone # is 605-578-1876 or you can call 605-578-7702 & we are happy to get a message to the Visitor/Welcome Center....
Orange arrow Where can I catch a direct flight to Rapid City?

  Rapid City Regional Airport has direct flights from Minneapolis, Chicago, Newark, Charlotte, Dallas-Ft Worth, Houston, Mesa/Phoenix, Phoenix, Denver, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles & San Francisco. Not every flight is daily so definitely check with your airport or with the airline itse...
Orange arrow How far is it from Deadwood to Mount Rushmore?

  If you take Highway 385 right out of Deadwood, it is 50 miles thru the Black Hills National Forest. Check out our website for the best map of the Black Hills!
Orange arrow What rodeos take place in the Black Hills region?

  There are quite a few different rodeos scheduled for 2020. As of right now, there is the Deadwood PBR-6/12-6/13; Mt Rushmore Rodeo at Palmer Gulch-6/6-9/6(periodically); Black Hills Roundup-Belle Fourche 6/30-7/4 & The Days of 76-Deadwood 7/21-7/25. Additional updates and events can be seen at:...
Orange arrow What is the Sturgis Bike rally?

  The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is an American motorcycle rally held annually in Sturgis, South Dakota, for ten days, starting the first Friday in August. It began in 1938 and was originally held for stunts and races but has evolved into a meet-up for motorcycle enthusiasts from around the world. For ...
Orange arrow Can you mail a brochure for specific areas?

  We do have different guides that we will mail to you. You can order a brochure online at or give us a call at 605-578-7702 & ask for one of our Travel Specialists who will be able to submit a request for you....
Orange arrow Can I get a cab/shuttle from Rapid City airport to Deadwood? Custer?

  There are several shuttle companies that will transport you from Rapid City Airport. Call us as 605-578-7702 and one of our travel specialists can help you arrange your shuttle service....
Orange arrow How many activities should I plan for my trip?

  While it is always a personal preference, we recommend 2-3 activities per day, depending on the activity itself. We, here at Black Hills Vacations, would love to help you plan your itinerary. Give us a call at 605-578-7702 for assistance with reservations and a trip itinerary....
Orange arrow What vouchers must I print out and which can I show on my phone?

  While most activities require that you bring a printed copy of your confirmation paperwork as proof of purchase, there are a couple that do require a separate voucher – Mount Rushmore for example. Your confirmation itinerary that is automatically emailed to you when you hit reserve will indic...
Orange arrow What is there to do in Deadwood if traveling with children?

  There is quite a bit to do here in Deadwood that families will enjoy. There are old west shootouts, The Deadwood Stagecoach, Broken Boot Gold Mine, & Beautiful Wonderland Cave to name a few. Please check out additional activities in the Lead-Deadwood area at
Orange arrow Where do I get ATV/UTV permits?

  The 2023 Trail Permits are $20.00 for a 7-day permit or $25.00 for an annual permit. A Motorized Vehicle Use Trail Permit is required for any motor vehicle traveling on motorized use trails in the Black Hills National Forest in South Dakota. Motorized Trail permits may be purchased directly from Bl...

Page: 1 of 1